HOW TO SOAK & SPROUT ALMONDS
We are mimicking nature when we soak our nuts, seeds, and grains. Raw nuts and seeds have natural, built-in defense mechanisms to protect them until proper growing conditions occur, to include enzyme inhibitors, tannins, and phytic acid. This can have harmful effects on the body if consumed in large amounts.
-Aids in digestion
-Improves nutrient absorption, especially B vitamins
-Neutralizes built-in toxins
-Neutralizes enzyme inhibitors
-Removes phytic acid
-Prevents mineral deficiencies
-Promotes colon health
How to begin?
- Remove from refrigerator :) Nuts and seeds should always be stored in your refrigerator or freezer for optimal freshness.
- Put almonds into a large bowl. Cover with water and mix in a few teaspoons of salt (approximately 1-2 tablespoons per quart of water).
- Soak for 8-12 hours or overnight.
- Rinse the seeds very well (3-4 times) and drain.
- Dry well. Ideally, 8-12 hours in a dehydrator or in an oven set on a low setting (150 F)
- Because they are now activated, use immediately or store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.